CONRAD offers two custom, handwoven product lines: CONRAD Original Sunshades, its premier line of natural grasses, reed and fibers; and DesignerLine Window Shades, an award-winning line crafted of natural wood-pulp fibers.
Each shade is individually handcrafted by our master weavers to customer size specifications. When you look at a CONRAD grass shade you will see continuous handwoven strands, not machine-cut edges. Custom detailing, handwoven beauty, and fine craftsmanship set CONRAD apart from other manufactured products. CONRAD’s unique, natural texture and translucency make them an excellent choice for any room with a view—residential or commercial.
Roman shades (roll up style) are available in natural fiber and woven wood.
Roman shades are corded fabric shades which are usually raised usinghorizontal rod sewn to the back. When raised they form a series of lateral pleats. They can be made using virtually any drapery fabric.
The balloon shade is the most notable variation on the roman shade. The basic operation is the same as the roman shade, but extra fabric is added below the last bar and gathered through an arrangement of rings on the back of the shade to create balloon-like festoons.
- Light control is easy with many fabric to choose from including sheer to room darkening opaque fabrics
- Easy to operate with either the traditional spring-loaded mechanism or a continuous cord clutch.
- Decorative hems and trims are available to enhance the appearance of the bottom of the shade.
- Small stack when roller shade is fully raised, allowing maximum view out the window
- Colors and fabrics available to coordinate with any color in your home such as furniture, walls, wallpaper and other décor.
- Ideal for use with single or double-hung and casement windows where there is not a lot of space available to mount a window covering.
- Most manufacturers deduct up to 1 ¼” from the width of a shade that is to be mounted on the inside of the window. This will leave significant light gaps on
- either side of the shade when hung.
- Roller shades can be motorized for greater flexibility in operation
Roll up Shades
Our roll up shades can be made in bead & reel operated. They can be scalloped, fringed and laminated.
The traditional window shade, with its simplicity of form and operation, isa popular classic. The shades move easily, with just the touch of a cord, and the fabric options available today offer extensive choices to accommodate both your visual taste and your desire for light control and privacy.