Usually the least expensive custom treatment, custom aluminum blinds offer style and practicality. Slat sizes are available anywhere from 1/2″ to 3″ and are available in a myriad of colours. Textures range from high gloss to a matte finish that has the soft, luxurious look and feel of suede.
The functional beauty of blinds is that they can be tilted to allow whatever amount of light, privacy, and ventilation you desire at a given time. In some models, the slats are tight enough to block out up to 99% of visual light.
The elimination of lift cords in some blinds increases the safety factor, important where there are children. Blind length is adjusted simply by raising and lowering the bottom rail.
Hunter Douglas produces aluminum blinds in three slat sizes: 5/8″ micro, 1″ mini, and 2″ macro. All have DustShield anti-static paint finish for easy cleaning, spring tempered cold rolled aluminum for durability, and a sleek extruded aluminum headrail that looks great. These features, along with a great color selection, motorized options, and available specialty shapes make Hunter Douglas the obvious choice for any horizontal blind project.
New fom Hunter Douglas is the Compliments line of 2″ PVC horizontal blinds. There is a wide selection of colors and textures that co-ordinate with both 2″ and 31/2″ PVC vertical blinds. Perfect for that room with more than one size, style, or shape of window!
The elegant beauty of wood blinds will give your home a feeling of warmth and luxury. Crafted from cherry, oak, maple, ash, pine or basswood, they are available in 1″ and 2″ slats that have proven strong, warp resistant, and easy to clean.
Whether richly stained or flawlessly painted, the wooden slats are coated with clear protective lacquer and buffed to a lustrous finish. The perfect alternative to shutters.
Wood blinds consist of horizontal wood slats that can be tilted open or close for light control and privacy. Like fine furniture, wood blinds add a special touch of warmth and rich, natural beauty to any room. Wood blinds are available in 1-inch, 2-inch, 2 5/8-inch and 3-inch wide slat sizes, in a full range of finishes, from stains and paints to a rougher sandblasted finish. The 1-inch slats create a busy look, limiting your view to the outside. Based upon your specific situation though, you may need a 1-inch slat size. Wood blinds made with 2-inch wide slats provide a traditional look and are the most popular of the widths available. The 2 5/8-inch and the wider 3-inch slats provide a shutter look and offer a less obstructed view to the outside; because the slats are wider, it takes fewer slats to construct the blind and thus the slats rest farther apart.
Wood blinds are constructed out of two different types of wood 1) American hardwood and 2) Ramin wood (see differences between the wood types described below). Wood blinds are durable, naturally insulating and easy to maintain.
- Easily coordinate with the color of wood flooring and fine wood furniture.
- The 2-inch to 3-inch slat sizes create a look similar to that of a plantation shutter.
- Blinds made with the 2 5/8-inch and 3-inch slat widths produce a smaller stack of slats at the top of your window when fully raised, than their 2-inch or 1-inch counterparts. This is because the wider the slat, the fewer slats necessary, resulting in a shorter stack of slats when fully raised.
- Effectively control outside light by tilting the wood slats with a wand or cord while providing necessary privacy. A room can be darkened substantially when the slats are fully closed.
- Simple to operate. Blinds can be pulled up to allow an open view to the outside. Please note that if you intend to pull your wood blinds up regularly, carefully consider the size of your window and the resulting weight of the blind. The larger a blind’s size the heavier the weight. The heavier the weight, the greater the effort required to raise and lower the blind.
- To reduce wear and tear on cords, fully open slats before pulling the blind up. This reduces friction and requires less effort.
- Easy to maintain and very durable.
Vertical blinds provide excellent light control are perfect for large or small windows, French doors, patio doors and bay windows. Like horizontal blinds they can be tilted to allow just the right amount of privacy, ventilation, and sunlight to enter the room, and like the draperies, they can drawn away from the window.
Custom vertical blinds are available in a wide range of materials including aluminum, wood, vinyl and fabric. You can even laminate your own fabric or wallpaper to them. Such versatility means they can be designed to complement any décor, from the most casual to the most traditional. And, because they come with their own valances, your windows will always have a nicely finished look.
Custom Vertical Blinds
The Hunter Douglas Millenia® Collection of custom vertical blinds combine beauty, easy maintenance and excellent light control with a rich variety of textures, colors and patterns. Vertical blinds are perfect for large or small windows, French doors, patio doors and bay windows…practically anywhere in your home. Hunter Douglas vertical blinds give you the light control you need to create the settings and moods you desire.
The Hunter Douglas collection of verticals includes 31/2″ fabrics available in a wide variety of colors and textures including room darkening and fire retardent materials. PVC vanes are offered in two collections.”Images” consists of plain, textured, and printed 31/2″ vanes.
New for 2000 is “Compliments”. All new colors, patterns, textures and profiles in both 31/2″ and 2″ vane sizes. Best of all, 2″ horizontal blinds can be ordered to match any “Compliments” vertical. Great for rooms with different window sizes and shapes!
All Hunter Douglas Verticals can be ordered with several styles of matching valances